Microfilm Conversion New Jersey
If your New Jersey company has been established for a number of years, chances are you have records on microfilm. After all, microfilm has been used in business for more than 100 years. But, as time has gone by, the way one does business changed and the use of microfilm has been less prominent. However, we know that many companies still have important documents and company information stored on microfilm.
These microfilm records are still important to have available, but can often be a challenge to use and review. But, there is a viable solution to this – converting those microfilm records to an electronic format such as a TIF or PDF document.
Benefits of Microfilm Conversion for Your New Jersey Company
While there are many reasons for microfilm conversion for your New Jersey company, there are still companies who have not made the swap. If you are uncertain as to the advantages of converting your company’s microfilm, then consider these reasons to make the change.
- Easier Access – Rather than searching through rolls of microfilm, having a digital copy means you can pull up those records with just a few clicks of the mouse. The microfilm files will be saved and indexed so you only need to know the name of the file you need.
- Less Loss – When your files are in digital formats, you don’t have to be concerned about the film roll being lost or damaged.
- More Time – Rather than spending time searching through boxes of microfilm canisters, then working through slide after slide of images, you can easily pull the file on your computer. No more digging in boxes or file cabinets to access important information or company history. Simply type in the file name, and in moments you can view the information.
- Preserve Files – Microfilm will become damaged and unreadable over time, especially if it is not stored safely and where humidity or dampness cannot affect it. With a digital copy, you don’t have to be concerned about the microfilm deteriorating.
- Easy Sharing – Once your New Jersey company has converted microfilm into digital files, you can easily share information as faxes, emails, etc.
- More Space – Microfilm records take up a lot of space, whereas digital files do not need separate storage space. Consequently, you can discover office space that previously was storage.
Contact RDM for Microfilm Conversion
Converting your New Jersey company’s microfilm records to a digital file is a great way to improve the way you do business. It doesn’t take a long time to make the conversions, and it creates more usable work space in your location. Contact the team at RDM to learn how we can take those import microfilm records and make them more accessible. Give us a call at 215-953-5175 or contact us today.